Akimeka’s expertise in geographic information systems (GIS) is our fastest-growing core competency and is essential to helping our customers make better decisions faster. We are expert at integrating the latest GIS capabilities into our military and public safety solutions. By effectively layering data on mapping resources, we allow users to quickly visualize results and take appropriate action.
Providing an intuitive user interface is part of Akimeka’s essential development methodology. It is no different when it comes to viewing geospatial information. Although the user’s interaction with the map can be quite complex—including panning, zooming, tilting and rotating—our GIS user interfaces are designed with simplicity and usability in mind.
Don’t mistake simplicity of control for lack of functionality. On the military side, we leverage our experience with the Commercial Joint Mapping Toolkit to build robust geospatial applications. These applications support:
- Client-side caching for low bandwidth support
- 2D and 3D layering for in-depth analysis
- Web 2.0 deployment for maximum availability
- Standards-based data strategy for enterprise interoperability
Akimeka also delivers the comprehensive GIS and global positioning systems (GPS) support needed for public safety applications. These services—which help accurately pinpoint and digitally map an emergency call location within seconds—include assistance in:
- Developing GIS databases
- Managing the integration of all required mapping layers
- Creating new mapping layers
- Managing, enhancing, and updating existing geospatial datasets